If you’re looking to fill your iOS device with new apps without blowing any cash, this is as good as it gets. We dug through hundreds of paid iPhone and iPad apps on sale for free today, and we’ve picked out the 9 best options today.
Warning: “These are paid iPhone and iPad apps that have been made available for free for a limited time by their developers. There is no way to tell how long they will be free. These sales could end an hour from now or a week from now — obviously, the only thing we can guarantee is that they were free at the time this post was written. If you click on a link and see a price listed next to an app instead of the word “get,” it is no longer free. The sale has ended. If you download the app, you will be charged.”
Epic! – Unlimited Books for Kids
Epic! is the leading all-you-can-read eBook library for kids 12 and under offering unlimited access to over 15,000 high-quality children’s books, now including thousands of read-to-me and Audio books.
Epic! costs only US$7.99/month with the first month FREE and supports up to 4 individual child profiles per account. Each child receives personalized recommendations based on their reading level and interests, helping them discover new books they will love. No commitments or hassles. You can easily cancel at any time.
THE EPIC! LIBRARY
Epic!’s award-winning service includes a wide variety of fiction and non-fiction books from leading publishers such as Scholastic, National Geographic, and many more. With over 15,000 books available now and many more titles added each week, Epic! has been called the “Netflix of kids’ books” – it’s an unlimited library your kids can take anywhere!
Well-known books and series include Flat Stanley, Rainbow Magic Fairies, Batman, Goosebumps, The Octonauts, Clifford, National Geographic Kids, Goodnight Moon, The Berenstain Bears, Big Nate, and many more.
The Epic! library contains everything from picture books to chapter books, early readers, audiobooks, “read to me” audio books, comic books, graphic novels, non-fiction titles, educational books, and junior novels.
PRESS AND EXPERT REVIEWS
Epic! has been featured in USA Today, Parenting.com, Parents, CNET, Forbes, Publisher’s Weekly and more. Here’s what the press and the experts are saying about Epic!:
“We’re proud to offer our titles on Epic! which provides an innovative mobile reading experience for kids and fosters a love of reading in a whole new way.” – Chantal Restivo-Alessi (Chief Digital Officer, HarperCollins Publishers)
“Epic strikes the perfect balance between educational and fun, and should allow parents to feel more confident about introducing the iPad into their children’s daily lives as a tool” – TechCrunch
“get access to thousands of books on all subject matters” – Parenting.com
“one handy app that that offers all-you-can-read selections for a low monthly fee” – Cool Mom Tech
• Over 15,000 great titles with many more added weekly
• Audiobooks and “read-to-me” books
• Individual customized child profiles at no additional cost
• Personalized book recommendations for each child
• Online and offline reading (take Epic! in the car, on a plane, or camping)
• A detailed reading log to track reading progress available in the app, and emailed weekly to parents
• Access your Epic! account and Epic!’s full library on any device
– Includes a 30 day free trial and just US$7.99/ month after that
– Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
– Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
– Account will be charged US$7.99 for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
– The user may manage subscriptions & may turn off auto-renewal by going to Account Settings after purchase
– No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
– Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to Epic!
Terms of Service