The GPD Win is a gaming laptop the size and shape of a Nintendo DS running Windows 10. Instead of a touch screen like the Nintendo DS, however, there was a keyboard and thumbsticks that could be used for playing.
Equipped with an Intel Atom x7, 8 gigabytes of RAM and a 128 gigabyte SSD, older games could easily run on them. Minecraft, some store games as well as less demanding current titles also ran problem-free. If you screwed down the graphics settings, you could even play current top games on it. The Intel Atom x7 was also able to play GTA V smoothly in HD resolution at low settings.
The successor, the GPD Win 2, will provide even more performance and comfort. The GPD Win 2 will bring a whole range of improvements, especially in terms of performance and battery life. The design of the device has also done a lot and so the buttons are now colored as the Xbox, but more importantly, the sticks are now completely on the outside of the case. The keyboard has been improved, the WASD keys now have more space and there is also an Xbox Guide button.
GPD Win 2 specifications
Now the manufacturer has announced the official specifications, which are very promising.
- Display: 6-inch Sharp 1280 x 720, touch screen with Gorilla Glass 4
- Processor: Intel Core m3-7Y30
- Memory: 8 gigabytes LPDDR3, 1866 MHz
- Memory: 128 gigabytes M.2 SSD, replaceable
- Battery: 2 x 4,900 mAh, 37.24 Wh
- Weight: 480 grams
- Connections: proprietary charging port, USB Type A 3.0, USB Type C 3.0, MicroHDMI, 3.5mm audio, MicroSD