Videos are a great way of capturing important moments in your life, but sometimes the video shot on your phone might not look that good if they appear in the wrong orientation. Luckily for you, this does not mean that your video is compromised and there are plenty of ways to fix this problem.
Today we are going to share with you some methods that will help you turn around your video so that you can continue to use it the future. These methods will allow you to view a video correctly when you open it with Windows Media Player.
Use VLC Media Player
Many people already have VLC Media Player installed on their computer so this method should be easy for everyone. The program allows you to watch videos but you can also use it to rotate them so that they can be afterwards viewed in Windows Media Player.
If you do not have the program on your computer begin by installing it. You can find it on the VLC official website and the installation process should not last too much. After you have the program here is what you should do:
- Open the video with VLC media player;
- Then go to Tools button in the ribbon bar and choose Effects and Filters;
- The Adjustments and Effects window should have the Video Effects tab. Go there and then select Geometry;
- You should see the Transform option;
- Check the box next to it and then choose Rotate by 90 degrees;
- Press Close.
Use Windows Movie Maker
The Windows Movie Maker alternative will appear simpler for many people. However, you will need to have Windows Movie Maker already installed since there is not official download link anymore. However, you should also be able to find an external source for it.
- When you have the program open a video in it;
- Then go to the Home ribbon;
- Access the Editing section;
- You should see two buttons, “Rotate Right” and “Rotate Left”;
- Use them to rotate the video the way you want and then go to File > Save movie.